Knocked Up Nails
Created by Ashley Judge in 2012, Knocked Up Nails is nail polish made just for pregnant women, so you can be both pretty and perfectly safe.
A nail polish fanatic who tracks all things beauty, Ashley noticed the increasing number of news stories about chemicals in cosmetics, and how many of these cosmetics are especially dangerous for women who are pregnant. She was also aware that major cosmetics manufacturers aren't always as forthcoming with their ingredients, which can be frustrating for women who want to limit their exposure to these makeup chemicals.
To make it easier for pregnant women to know what's in their nail polish, Ashley created Knocked Up Nails in colors from trendy to classic and with giggle-inducing names that play on the experiences, cravings, hopes and fantasies of today's moms-to-be.
Knocked Up Nails nail polish is classified as "5-free," which means is does not contain:
- Formaldehyde, a carcinogen that causes skin irritation and dermatitis
- Formaldehyde resin, an irritant that is also associated with dermatitis
- Toluene, a chemical that can cause headaches, dizziness and fatigue, damage to the liver and kidneys
- DBP (dibutyl phthalate), banned from use in cosmetics in the European Union because of its endocrine-disrupting impact in the body, which can interfere with human reproduction
- Camphor, irritating to the eyes, skin, and nose; may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache and dizziness
While many popular salon brands of nail polish are making efforts to remove formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP from their formulas, these ingredients and other toxins are still being found in "spot checks" of nail salons and in brands that claim to have stopped including them.
Fortunately, you can just bring your own Knocked Up Nails shades with you to your well-ventilated salon or spa for your next maternity manicure or pedicure. Your fingers and toes will be gorgeous, and your babies fingers and toes will be better off for it.
Knocked Up Nails nail polish for pregnant women is long-lasting and chip resistant. Cruelty free and made in the USA, vegan and gluten-free.