a.) pregnancy causes acne, and that
b.) over-the-counter and prescription acne treatments aren’t recommended for use by pregnant women.
When you’re newly pregnant, you want to be excited—not crying because your skin is breaking out and there’s nothing you can do about it!
Thankfully, there are a variety of safe, effective pregnancy acne treatments now available that are:
- Gentle enough for sensitive, pregnant skin
- Free from teratogens (ingredients known to cause birth defects, including Retin-A)
- Free from hormone-disrupting chemicals such as phthalates that can interfere with your own pregnancy hormones as well as your baby’s developing reproductive system
- Uniquely designed to support other pregnancy-related skin concerns such as melasma (the dark patches of skin that appear on the face known as “the mask of pregnancy”)
The cleanser, toner, and spot treatment you used before pregnancy to prevent acne breakouts may now also be too harsh, and too drying, for your extra-sensitive and hormonal skin in addition to containing hormone-disrupting chemicals –or herbal essential oils—that you want to keep out of your body before, during and after pregnancy.
There are a variety of formulas now on the market to specifically—and safely—treat pregnancy acne, and we have them all at Maternitique. They are:
1. Acne Cleansing Facial Wash (now called Anti Blemish Facial Wash)
2. Acne Control Spot Treatment
3. Facial Scrub for Pregnancy Acne
4. Face & Body Cream for Pregnancy Acne
5. Let’s Be Clear Facial Cleanser
6. Organic Fruit Face Wash
7. Truth Be Told Skin Brightening Serum
8. Rehab Serum for Pregnancy Acne
9. Organic Stripped Cleanser
10. Calm pH Toner
11. Moroccan Clay Facial Mask & Scrub
12. Overnight Blemish SOS
In addition to being safe for use during pregnancy—and effective and treating acne—the above products are also all made in the USA. Many are vegan, gluten-free, Kosher, all-natural or made from certified organic ingredients for the ultimate in purity.
If you need any help in choosing the best acne treatment for your pregnant skin, call, email or tweet me @maternitique. I’m happy to help you find the products that will be the best match for your skin type.
Here's to your clear, beautiful pregnant skin!