The "Puurty Mama" style BG Birthing Gown is a leopard-print, sleeveless wrap-style dress in soft jersey that should help you channel your inner wild cat for labor, delivery and breastfeeding.
Made by BG&Co., the BG Birthing Gown is the design of a labor and delivery nurse who wants to help each new mom feel her most confident on the most important day of her life. Wearing the BG Birthing Gown in throughout labor, delivery and your stay in the hospital or birth center allows you to:
- relax, feel less nervous; less like a "patient" and more in control
- stay completely covered in front and rear so you can move about, walk and not be self-conscious during early labor
- squat, use a birth ball, or birth on your knees because of the dress's stretchy fabric
- have immediate skin-to-skin contact with your newborn
- keep your upper body mostly covered while you're making your first attempts at breastfeeding your newborn (in a hospital gown, you have to take off the whole gown, pull the entire thing down so your entire chest is exposed, or lift up on side and expose your post-baby belly to everyone.)
The Puurty Mama BG Birthing Gown has leopard-print fabric and black ties and has the following features:
- empire waist with long tie closure
- velcro shoulders
- PadPocket - breast panel inserts to hold nursing pads
- new, improved armhole with stretch thread for more support and a snugger fit
Because of its adjustable tie waist, the BG Birthing Gown is one-size-fits-most. Made in the USA.